Our first-ever #WRTalk About Your Job post goes to KW Professional Organizers! They have been participating in #WRTalk since November 12, 2014, about 6 weeks after the first #WRTalk was held! They've been supporters from the beginning, but what we love most is that they are true champions of all things Waterloo Region.
KW Professional Organizers is a team of two - Samantha Kristoferson and Emilio Jose Garcia. They've been in business since December 2012 and offer great services for organizing your life!
Their services include:
- Estate Organizing
- Storage Solutions
- Digital Organization
- Paper Organization
- Downsizing / Coaching
- Home Entertainment & Installations
- Wire Management
- Computer Organization
- Home Automation
- Public Speaking
When asked why they started their business, they said, "We liked the challenge. We wanted the ability to be flexible in our work and to incorporate all our skill sets into our work while helping people." Besides working, they enjoy playing squash, gardening, being outside, playing the guitar, organizing their own home, and exploring areas around Waterloo Region.
In order to accomplish organizational harmony in your space, KW Professional Organizers offers a free 30-minute consultation within Waterloo Region (they service outside of the region, but mileage fees apply). During the free consultation, you can expect them to familiarize themselves with you and your project, offer an exchange of questions to better understand your story, and identify whether their services will benefit you.
There are over 25 registered Professional Organizers in Canada (POC) members in Grand River, but they believe they stand apart because of their full range of services, skills, their flexibility, and competitive pricing.
What does your typical day look like?
- Wake Up.
- Enjoy a nice coffee & breakfast.
- Complete some office work (emails, phone calls, social media, and back-end tasks).
- Complete scheduled jobs at client’s homes or offices.
- Hopefully get a game of squash in there ;)
- Research development and professional development every day – looking for news from our industry, community, and networks.
- If it’s Wednesday, get on #WRTalk!
What do you wish you knew (but didn’t) when you started your business?
So many things...
- How easy it was to build a web page with Wordpress themes!
- How we should have started a business sooner!
- That is was okay to not know all the answers to our business plan and that those answers would come as we continued working. We’re always updating our business plan!
What advice do you have for other entrepreneurs in Waterloo Region?
- Finish your business plan. No matter how difficult you find it to be – do it and learn from it.
- Treat yourself like an employee, keep track of how you get things done and create systems for future reference.
- Ask for help and advice – answers are there if you are looking for them.
Do you have any promotions or upcoming events?
- Kitchener Market Place “Meal Planning” Talk – October 3rd @ 10:00 am
- Professional Organizers in Canada Conference – October 24th
- Participating #WRTalk members get 10% off services
- Community Car Share Members receive 10% discount off all services offered
- Free 1/2-hour consultations within Waterloo Region
For more information, contact:
KW Professional Organizers
Young Street East
Waterloo, ON N2J2L4
Samantha - 519-502-9015
Emilio - 226-606-3233
Follow them on Twitter
Like them on Facebook
Follow them on LinkedIn
Follow them on Google+